There are several reasons why the Randy Moss trade will help fantasy owners:
1. He will often draw double coverage and open up the field for other receivers like Percy Harvin and Visanthe Shiancoe.
2. He will often draw double coverage and open up the field for Adrian Peterson (as if Peterson needed help).
3. He is an exceptionally gifted receiver who will give Brett Favre a big target downfield, something Favre sorely misses with the absence of Sidney Rice.
4. Favre isn’t known for his accuracy, so most likely, Favre will throw it up there and expect Moss to come down with it. Fortunately, Moss is good at jump balls.
5. Moss did not sign a new contract, which means he’s playing for a contract, which means he’ll be motivated. A motivated Moss just might be the league’s No. 1 receiver, even at 33.
Now, if you own Vikings players, you should be thrilled because Moss is about to lead you to straight cash, homie. A reunion with his old team brings back old memories. Remember when Moss pretended to pull his pants down and moon the Green Bay crowd in the end zone? He got slapped with a $10,000 fine. His reaction was priceless.
Susan Shan is a graduate of Carnegie Mellon University with a B.A. in Creative Writing. She had her first major interviews at 16 with Donovan McNabb and Jeff Garcia. Since then, she has interviewed numerous athletes and written countless articles along with a brief stint as a professional poker player.